What is HyperSheetsPreprocessor (HSPP)?
HSPP is an optimizer and minifier for CSS files.
It is an open source project licensed under GPLv3.
Visit the HSPP repository on GitHub for source code insight.
Why use HSPP?
- To save your server's bandwidth
- To speed up network transfer (in most cases it will also lead to better gzip results)
- To speed up parsing by the browser
- To improve search engine rating
The following operations can be performed by HSPP:
- Removing of optional whitespace
- Removing comments (preserving comments containing specific terms is possible)
- Number minification
- Color minification
- Minification of angles
- Minification of IDs
- Minification of class names
- Minification of custom property names
- Minification of keyframes animation names
- Rewriting/minifying of some functions
- Removing of empty rules
Last updated: October 31st, 2020